Sunday, September 17, 2006

Me, Brussels, and a cup of coffee (or six)


I'm sitting here struggling to sum up the highlights of this weekend in a way to do it justice. I had the most amazing weekend in Europe (including my time here last year) just by having a get-to-know you weekend with the city of Brussels. As cliche as it sounds, I almost had a mantra going through my head of "There is nowhere else I would rather be." Like when I was walking through downtown Brussels yesterday with another intern (Lauren) and stumbled upon some sort of heritage parade with fabulous costumes and music. Or at either of the cafe stops I had yesterday in the city. Or finding a group of breakdancers near the Grand Plaz. Or walking around the city today on the city streets in celebration of No Car Day. Or listening to live music while drinking coffee while basking in the sun. Or seeing hundreds of children outside playing or riding their bikes instead of being inside watching TV. Or reading leaning up against a tree located in a park across from the Belgian palace. I've never been more in love with a city, and I find myself just hoping that this blissfulness never wears off. How am I ever going to be able to live anywhere else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home