Monday, January 29, 2007

Word of the week: Planning

Planning for my next lesson.
Planning for my next job.
Planning for my next trip.

I'm constantly thinking about the future. It's job search season, and I spent all day Saturday researching international teaching jobs online. The rest of my weekend I spent researching traveling to Ireland with my family in April and buying my tickets to GREECE (!!!!!!!!!!) for the week before my parents arrive. I'm excited for all of these things, and even more so now that more and more tickets are being purchased. But I have to constantly remind myself to bring myself back to the present, to think about what I'm doing now, because it's when I'm thinking too much of the future that the present goes by all too quickly, and I am perfectly content making this Belgian experience last as long as possible. I'm comfortable, I'm getting more confident, and all too soon I will be saying "Au revoir" to one of the best experienes of my life. So I'll continue to plan ahead with that next lesson (I'm teaching an English class to English as a second language students every day now), plan the day trips for when I'm in Ireland and Greece, and plan for which country I'll end up living in next. But every once in a while, when I remember, I'll stop, have some coffee and maybe a bite of chocolate, and let myself realize how lucky I am to be where I am right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home