Sunday, June 03, 2007

Tre Belge

I have been collecting spare change since the beginning of the year in a little mug I keep in my room. I had mostly just 1, 2, 5, and 10 cent pieces, with a few 20 cent pieces thrown in there as well. Since it is nearing the end of the year, I thought it was about time to cash in my change. I stopped by the bank on Thursday with all of my change in a baggie, not having the slightest clue how much money I had altogether. When I gave the man at the bank my baggie, he slipped it into another bag, sealed it up, and then asked me how much I had inside. I said I didn't know. He looked back at the bag, studied it for about 7 seconds, then remarked, "15 euros." And that was that. No weighing, no counting. Just a glance, estimation, and I am now 15 euros richer. Sometimes I find the Belgian indifference so refreshing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home