Monday, June 25, 2007

Backpacking like real backpackers

Coming to you live, from Venice, Italy. I promised myself that I wouldnt (I cant find the apostrophe on this Italian keyboard) check the internet while I was away, but I wanted to send out a quick update on the happenings of this last month. To sum up, Ive had guests for the last 3 weekends (first my cousin, Corey, coming to visit from Germany, then a couple past interns from ISB, and now my cousin, Paul, visiting from Iowa) and have had a blast having the company. It was great to see Corey again 3 years since we last saw each other, it was refreshing to swap stories with the other interns, and it has been awesome having my cousin visiting my now. Last weekend a group of us visited Amsterdam and had a BLAST walking around and seeing the sites. This time I visited the Van Gogh and Heinekin Museums. I found the Heinekin Museum actually surprisingly wonderful, very interactive and incredibly interesting.
One last update and then Im off to explore: Paul and I will be (as the title implies) backpacking through Italy and Spain for about 2 weeks before we head back to the States. I love Venice even more now than I did the first time. It is far more beautiful and charming than I remember and am excited to just spend our time wondering and exploring. We are staying at a campsite (a first for me) which has surprised me enormously with its appeal and charm. There is a restaurant, bar, supermarket and I am typing this in its Cyberbus, a double decker bus renovated to have computers on the upper deck. We are off to a great start so far, and it is just the beginning! I will send an update when I arrive back in the states. Until then...Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home