Tuesday, August 28, 2007

6 LU

Well, tomorrow is the big day. The day that determines if I am truly prepared to teach on my own. Until these last few weeks, I really had no idea what goes into the first first day of school. How am I going to decorate my walls? What will my rules be? What are our class jobs? Where will our portfolios go? HOW WILL I INTRODUCE MYSELF? What will we do right away on the first day? How will the students do make-up work? How strict to I have to be? How often will I integrate technology? How will I assess them in math? Reading? Spelling? Writing? Should I send an introduction letter to the parents? Which students can sit by each other? Which of my students don't speak English? Where will their notebooks go? Should I assign lockers? Where can I find binder dividers? Where do I take my bus line? Do I allow the kids to see the classroom before I get them to bring them up before school? Will they like me??? And these are only a fraction of the questions I have had to ask myself and others in the past 3 weeks. 3 weeks! What have I been doing all of this time that I still don't feel ready for tomorrow?? I am exaggerating. If I left this very minute I am sure I would make it just fine through the day (By the way it is 6:30 pm). But in the life of a teacher there is always something more that could be done.
We had new student orientation today and I got to meet five of the six students that are new to the school. They were all so sweet and open to discussion and they left me on a high the rest of the morning. Yes! This is what I'm here for! I just hope that feeling lingers throughout the week...the term...the year!
Here goes. Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At 8/28/2007 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck Honey.

I know you will do fine.

Keep a positive attitude and don't let them get away with anything.

Love you,

Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home