Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Photo time

Well it's about time, you say? Here are some photos to show what my kiddies in my first classroom get to gaze upon every day.



Here you can see our desks and one of our display boards. Our first language arts bulletin board was a creation after reading the book The Three Questions and practicing being philosophers.
I had the students bring in what is called a ME item, something from home that represents them. The items range from trophies to family photos to a pair of shoes made out of fish that come from Iceland ("The used to not have anything else to make them out of!")
Ahhh...my nook. Photos and cards and attempted neatness are what sometimes get me through those rather crazed afternoons when it's rainy and the kids are nutty.



The children had to bring in their Life Timelines to show the major events that have happened in their 11 years of life. My favorite one was my baseball-crazy Japanese student who designed his timeline to be in a baseball diamond (you can kind of see the outline of it...it's the third from the left on the bottom). He also included his family as the "line-up" on his score card. So cool.

More to come (eventually). There is so much going on in class, that I am finding myself just click-click-clicking away!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home